Saturday, October 5, 2013

Thanksgiving to God

"Yours, O Lord,
is the greatness, the power,
the glory, the victory,
and the majesty.
Everything in the heavens
and on earth is Yours,

O Lord,
and this is Your kingdom.
We adore You
as the One who is over all things.
Wealth and honor come from You alone,
for You rule over everything.
Power and might are in Your hand,
and at Your discretion
people are made great and given strength.
O our God,

we thank You
and praise Your glorious name!"
(1 Chronicles 29:11-13, NLT)

Thanksgiving is a wonderful occasion for recalling and recounting how everything good comes from God. The Creator of the world and the Giver of Life itself warrants our worship. As this Bible passage clearly spells out, may we give God glory and honor on Thanksgiving and every day.
Thanksgiving for God-Given Joys
"You have turned my mourning into dancing for me;
You have put off my sackcloth
and girded me with gladness,
To the end that my tongue
and my heart
and everything glorious within me
may sing praise to You
and not be silent.
O Lord my God,
I will give thanks to You forever."
(Psalm 30:11-12, AMP)

This favorite Scripture resounds with rejoicing and thanksgiving to the Lord, who can redeem our sorrows and truly transform mourning into dancing. Does such a great God not deserve our appreciation, at Thanksgiving and always?
A Sacrifice of Thanksgiving
"He who offers
a sacrifice of thanksgiving
honors Me;
And to him who orders his way aright
I shall show the salvation of God."

(Psalm 50:23, NASB)

This oft-quoted Scripture points out how Thanksgiving is actually a sacrifice of praise to God. As we carve our Thanksgiving turkeys, may we stop to honor the One from whom all blessings come.
Thanksgiving and Gladness to God
"It is good to praise the Lord
and make music to your name,

O Most High,
to proclaim Your love in the morning
and Your faithfulness at night,
to the music of the ten-stringed lyre
and the melody of the harp.
For You make me glad by your deeds, O Lord;
I sing for joy at the works of Your hands.
How great are Your works, O Lord,
how profound Your thoughts!"

(Psalm 92:1-5, NIV)


http://grooveshark.com/s/Your+Love+Never+Fails+Chris+Quilala/5hSSAa?src=5

http://grooveshark.com/s/I+Exalt+Thee/4ypIsR?src=5



No comments:

Post a Comment