Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Set The Captives Free

Isaiah 61

Amplified Bible (AMP)
61 The Spirit of the Lord God is upon me, because the Lord has anointed and qualified me to preach the Gospel of good tidings to the meek, the poor, and afflicted; He has sent me to bind up and heal the brokenhearted, to proclaim liberty to the [physical and spiritual] captives and the opening of the prison and of the eyes to those who are bound,
To proclaim the acceptable year of the Lord [the year of His favor] [a]and the day of vengeance of our God, to comfort all who mourn,
To grant [consolation and joy] to those who mourn in Zion—to give them an ornament (a garland or diadem) of beauty instead of ashes, the oil of joy instead of mourning, the garment [expressive] of praise instead of a heavy, burdened, and failing spirit—that they may be called oaks of righteousness [lofty, strong, and magnificent, distinguished for uprightness, justice, and right standing with God], the planting of the Lord, that He may be glorified.

This is one of my favorite scriptures. I to have been a captive and now I am set free. I have been going through some hard things for a good while now  and the Lord has shown Himself strong in my life. It has been very dark and yet the Lord has shown His beauty and light.
Several year ago about 7 to be precise. I started walking the track, it was my time with the Lord and time to pray for others or whatever God put on my heart. I was walking one day and the Lord told me to turn around and start walking the other direction, that He was changing my direction. I did it immediately and felt new. 
 Now this sounds strange but I needed to be obedient to the Lord. The track is a big circle, so there is no right or wrong direction. Everyone would go one way, the opposite of my direction. God put me face to face with these people. Different people would say hey you are going the wrong way. I would have to say No I am going the right way. I march to the beat of a different drummer. 
 It was a real ministry for a long while, but as you know life changes and hits you in the face. I stopped walking I had no time and I was just to tired because working nights just zaps you. This week I had some life-changing things happen and have been really shaken and heart broken. I started to walk the other night regardless of how I felt. Well today I was walking bright and early. I begin to walk my 3rd and final lap for the day when an older gentleman approached me and asked how many laps I walk. I told him I am just starting back I walk 3. He said oh because I never see you. We said our farewells and I kept walking. I started to cry a little. Something in the words the man spoke hit me. It set me free. I thought everyone used to know me out here and now they don't. I stated I am home. In that moment I felt the chains fall off of me. I felt so free.
I can't explain it. I just felt it. God is so good. I continued to walk I was almost done with my final lap when the Lord spoke to my heart and said I am changing your direction again. I want you to start walking in the other direction. I thought He meant starting tomorrow. No, He meant now. I turned and He said you are now going in the right direction. I have turned your situation around you are back on track, you are not walking into your past where you came from, you are walking in your future.Beauty will come out of all the ashes in your life.
 If you are going through a dark time arise and know God is ready and able to set you free you just have to come and get it. Seek Him, surrender it all to Him. He has come to set the captives free to all who are bound up. Be free in Jesus name.
I thank you Lord for you are worthy, just, loyal and so faithful.









No comments:

Post a Comment